Friday, October 24, 2008

The Church Pianist: Creating a Waterfall Effect


Think outside the box! There is more to a chord than meets the eye:)


For example:
The C chord: CEG has other notes between them: D and F


When I implement them, I create a cluster chord:


Such as.....CDEG (one at a time).



The result... a soothing waterfall! *See music example.


Notice the transistion after the waterfall. (measure #5)


I slow down by using 8th notes in the right hand climbing down to

the middle range of the keyboard.

In measure #7, I create a turbulent sound with my left hand

for the words: "...sea billow roll". (using 8th notes)

Finally, in measure #8, I use 8th notes to prepare for a

chorale style (simple chording without much movement).

Use this example to help create your own offertory.

No comments: