Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Church Pianist: Piano Introductions (Songs in 3/4 Time)




Piano introductions should be simple;

giving a sufficient sampling of the tune
to ensure a confident entry for the song
leader and congregation.

As I prepared today's music examples...
several tips came to mind for piano intro-
ductions which I'll share in another article.

As you'll discover in today's introduction examples...
introductions do not have to be very long.

Just provide enough of the beginning of the tune
with a secure ending.

The next article will be entitled:

Piano Introductions: (Part Four)
Songs starting with incomplete
measures.

Songs with incomplete measures can be quite
tricky when it comes to piano introductions!

I'll share some examples and tips concerning
this topic in the next article.



2 comments:

Yuko said...

Happy Easter Jenifer!

Sorry I couldn't leave comments these days. You are so energetic!
I really appreciate your efforts and visiting your blog has become one of my routines when I access to the Internet.

I have you in my prayer list.
I hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Yours truely,

Yuko

Jenifer Cook said...

Hi Yuko!

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.

I'm thankful the Lord has given me this opportunity to share what I have learned with others across the world.

You have a blessed Easter too..

Sincerely,

Jenifer