Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Church Pianist: Technique Tip of the Day

Get a Grip…Try Hand Lotion!


One of my pet peeves is playing on a piano after someone has smeared their hand lotion all over the keys. I tend to slide all over the place!

Dry hands also cause me to lose my grip on the keys. I discovered the following trick by accident. It really helps!

Put several squirts of lotion on your hands and rub it in. Simply run water (no soap) over your hands to rinse it off but not real well. Dry your hands off. You should have some lotion residue on your hands but not enough to feel sticky. (I used St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter).
What a difference it makes! I’m able to play Malequena without falling off the keys.

Get a grip and see for yourself!

New website: http://thechurchpianist.com

No comments: