Friday, September 26, 2008

The Church Pianist: What Makes a Good Offertory?



1. A Christian with a willing heart who practices in advance.


2. A hymn familar to the majority of the listeners.


3. Clear melody throughout so the listeners can think the words as you play.

As I play an offertory, I sing the words to the song in my head to focus on the message.

The Lord can guide your heart to play in a more meaningful way as you dwell on the words.
A Good Offertory will minister to the heart and bring honor and glory to God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that encouragement. I am a church pianist as well. I have a lot of questions for the more "advanced" pianists. Please visit my blog. My address is
notwearyinwelldoing.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Ayesha,

I appreciate your visit and comments.

I'm actually working on a resource list for piano offertories... with my reviews on each book.

Feel free to send other questions so that I may help you and in turn help others who may have a similiar need.

I am working towards a website for the sacred pianist in the near future which will offer piano arrangments and helpful visual aids for improvising.

http://thechurchpianist.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ayesha,

I vistited your blog but had trouble finding a place to leave comments.
Am I missing something?
Thanks for any help.

Jenifer

http://thechurchpianist.blogspot.com