Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Church Pianist: Youtube of How Great Thou Art



I haven't had much sit down time in a good while.
So...thought I'd share another youtube video.

This is one of my arrangements of How Great Thou
Art.

I take some of my vocal and piano students
to a local nursing home about 3 times a year for
a reach out ministry.

This arrangement was played at our last nursing home
visit in April.


I do use several different chords on the end for a regal
sounding finale.


For regal ending ideas, click on the following link.

http://thechurchpianist.blogspot.com/2008/10/church-pianist-song-endings.html

The next article will provide a free written (simplified) sample of my ending.

Click on the following youtube link to hear the arrangement of

How Great Thou Art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQsW1Yv8roo


2 comments:

Shirley said...

That's really beautiful, Jenifer! Could you give us a few hints about some of the chord substitutions you use?

Jenifer Cook said...

Hi Shirley,

I'll be answering part of your request in the next article by posting a simplified version of the ending.

I'll try to share some more of the chord substitutions in another article real soon.

Thanks for the question :)