Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Church Pianist: The Star Spangled Banner: Free Piano Arrangement

My new website: http://thechurchpianist.com/


I started having too much fun writing this
free arrangement of Star Spangled Banner.

What I mean by that is....it's hard for me
to keep things simple. I want to dress it up
some.

This is not written to be done as strictly as a
piano solo but as accompaniment for the
church congregation.

You'll notice on page two of the arrangment
that I deleted some melody notes on purpose
starting on the third line.

Why? During repetitive melody note passages
it helps to hold through repeated notes to avoid
a choppy or mechanical sound.

See link below on repeated notes:


Link to page one of The Star Spangled Banner:

http://thechurchpianist.blogspot.com/2009/05/church-pianist-star-spangled-banner-in.html

Here's an audio of the entire arrangement
of The Star Spangled Banner...

Hope you enjoy this free piano arrangement!











1 comment:

Unknown said...

I played your version of SSB on 7/4, and the congregation was very complimentary. They did not know it had been transposed down, but I suspect this had an effect on them. Thanks so much for this helpful site, and sharing your talents. Betsy Stocksdale