Friday, February 27, 2009

The Church Pianist: Easy Offertory Idea



I don't know about you but I can always use some
simple offertory ideas!

The following offertory idea would work great for
two pianos or piano and organ.

Some hymns lend themselves to a 'question-answer'
format.

For example, A Shelter in the Time of Storm.....

Piano One plays the first sentence:

"The Lord's our Rock in Him we hide"

Piano Two answers with:

"A Shelter in the time of storm"

Piano One:

"Secure whatever ill betide"

Piano Two:

"A shelter in the time of storm."

Both pianos join together on the chorus!

You'll have to try this....it's a lot of fun and
creates a stereo effect.

Try this offertory idea with other question/answer
hymns such as:

Revive Us Again
Power in the Blood
Throw Out the Lifeline
Jesus Saves
Nothing but the Blood of Jesus

1 comment:

robert said...

Great idea! And thanks for sharing it. My wife usually plays piano for our services. I fill in when needed, but I'm not as skilled as she is. However, I think we could practice a number or two for offertories that used both piano and organ. I like it!

My daily blog, Wordwise Hymns, is about the background of our hymns and their authors. As a musician, I think you might enjoy taking a look. God bless.