Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Church Musician: Free Christmas Piano Arrangement

New website: http://thechurchpianist.com


Merry Christmas early! I thought
you all might enjoy a free piano
arrangement of "Joy to the World".


I wrote it with the small church in
mind. You can always repeat it to
make it just right for an offertory.


The arrangement could also be used
for the prelude.


Remember how I've been telling you all
that scales are important?


Well....here's a good example. They add
life to hymn arrangements. I used the C
scale twice in this Christmas song.


You'd better know the correct fingering to
make it sound... ever-so-smooth.


(C scale fingering: 12312345) for right hand


I also used a lot of chord inversions in measures:
five & six (left hand). They add a more open tone.


Remember: frequent use of root chords create a
"plunky" sound.


I'm saving my longer piano arrangments for my
future website. Hope you're able to use this
free arrangement!

Thanks for your visits. Hope I've been a help.

No comments: