Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Church Pianist: Free Vocal Arrangement (Part Two)



Accompanying for a vocalist allows the pianist

to stray from the melody and play various patterns
within the chord frames.



Exception: This type of accompaniment may not work
well for the singer that needs the extra melody support.



Editor notes for today's music image.......



(Part Two 0f "My Jesus I Love Thee" )



Measure #14.....The right hand accompaniment moved
contrary to the melody for contrast.



Measure #15.....I added syncopation (rhythm)to left hand
for a bit of spice. Syncopation is as pepper to food....just
added as an accent here and there.



Measure #18.....Chord substitution (A major replaced the
F Major chord) The A Major chord is really just the iii chord
in F Major. The only difference....I changed the iii chord (ACE)
to a Major chord.....(AC#E).



Similar songs to try with the accompaniment ideas from


"My Jesus I Love Thee".....



When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
Like a River Glorious



Thanks for your visits!





No comments: