Monday, September 7, 2009

The Church Pianist: Offertory Idea Using: Jesus is the Sweetest Name I Know

Jesus is the Sweetest Name I Know is a very
old hymn that I like to play for offertory.

I attend a small church and therefore shorter
offertories are the best!

Sometimes I just start with the chorus of the
song and then on to the verse and chorus to make
it just long enough for the offering.

Here's an audio of how I would play "Jesus is the
Sweetest Name I Know" for a short offertory.

http://www.box.net/shared/rt28mdqmae

New website: http://thechurchpianist.com/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooo pretty & peaceful!

Jenifer Cook said...

Thanks Ayesha..."Jesus is the Sweetest Name I Know" was just on my heart that particular night.

Julia Swarner said...

Do you think you could have a printable version of this song?
I have the other song, "Jesus is the Sweetest Name Medley", but, the shorter version makes a nice offertory also. The arrangement is so beautiful!

Jenifer Cook said...

Thanks Julia. I would like to write this one out but not sure when that's going to be.

Working on other material at the moment but thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Jesus is the Sweetest Name I Know is one of my favorite hymns :)